Star Wars at Edmonton Collectors Con

In June me and my family made the impulse choice to go and check out a local collector convention titled Edmonton Collector Con this convention is a small seasonal event featuring vendors selling all sorts of collectables from action figures to comics and everything in between !

Vendors




One of the first things we came across well going into the convention was an lego mini figure vendor where they were selling custom mini figures from all parts of the Star Wars Canon, some of my favourites we came across included a Jedi Fallen Order set featuring Cal, the Second Sister, the Ninth Sister and Purge Trooper, Also a set featuring all of the Bad Batch including Omega !


Though out the convention we came across a vast amount of Black Series figures and Vintage Series figures but my favourite figures I had come across had to be some of the original in package Kenner Figures because they are just such an amazing piece of history in the fandom and hearing every original trilogy fans story on what figures they had is honestly so fun and heart warming for me to hear. I also love coming across Prequels figures and Ships because they brought back a lot of sentimental memories for me of my dad and I trying to collect them all and displaying them as dioramas on shelfs in our basement.



My favourite collectables I came across at the convention though was the Master Replica lightsabers being a massive fan of lightsabers and having slowly been building up my collection, I thought it was awesome to see these collectable saber's considering they are some of the most detailed lightsaber hilts on the market and would look amazing on any collectors shelves !

Haul



I did not end up picking up a lot at this collector con but what I did pick up I was very excited about the first items I picked up were two of the temple guard lego mini figures and an ahsoka minifigure. I have never come across a temple guard mini figure before and I knew I had to have two for my collection ! I also chose to get this Ahsoka mini figure because of the more detailed lightsaber hilts !




The next item I picked up was a return of the jedi art of book. I have always been such a fan of art of books and I knew adding this to my collection would be a fantastic read ! I also ended up picking up a phantom menace movie program because I was in love with the images inside along with the condition of the program !




The last Item I purchased was this set of Star Wars set blueprints ! I have been looking for some beautiful star wars art for my sewing room and I wanted something that would match my blue and white theme and when coming across these set blueprints I knew I had to have them !


So you maybe saying to yourself okay why is there one more photo of an item here well I have to be honest I was not expecting well attending collectors con to be gifted anything but well speaking with a vendor and inquiring about a star wars cantina model he had at his booth he handed it to me and told me I could have it due to the box being damaged and him wanting it to go to a good home. I was beyond speechless and grateful for it because if anyone knows me they know my love for the cantina scene and specifically two of favourite background star wars characters the tonnika sisters ! Before receiving this model I had never owned any merchandise of the sisters and I was beyond thrilled to have received this. I did not get the vendors name but if you are reading this Thank You !


*DISCLAIMER THIS POST WAS PRE WRITEN BEFORE THE SAG-AFTRA STRIKES AND ACCORDING TO SAG-AFTRA AS A NON-UNION MEMBER OF SAG-AFTRA I CAN SHARE THINGS IN REGARDS TO MERCHANDISE, COMICS, VIDEO GAMES, AND THE ANIMATED SERIES. I STAND IN SOLIDARITY WITH SAG-AFTRA*


I had such a fantastic time at Edmonton Collector Con seeing all the awesome collectables and finding some really neat items I can not wait till the next show but until next time I am Chloe from Chloesfandomlife and you can find me on all of the following social media platforms below


Instagram- @chloesfandomlife

Comments