The Top 10 Things I want to see in Ahsoka Season 2

The New Dave Filloni Sketch that was posted the day after the Ahsoka Season two annoucement

Due to the first season of Ahsoka lining up with the actor strike, I never had the opportunity to discuss my thoughts on the series with anyone except for close friends and family and now with the announcement from Lucasfilm that Ahsoka season two is in development I am so excited to be able to share my love for the series. Well making this list I realized most of my thoughts and theories on what I want to see happen, do not feature Ahsoka herself and I believe that attests to Dave Filloni's great writing and development of all the characters featured alongside Ahsoka in this series. So I have planned to write a blog post soon about what I believe will be Ahsoka's fate by the end of the Mandalorian/ Boba Fett/ Ahsoka "universe", but until then let's talk about the things I am looking forward to seeing/ wanting to see in the upcoming second season of Ahsoka.

*Please Note this Post will contain spoilers for season one of Ahsoka*

# 1: The Mortis Gods

Ever since the Mortis God’s first appearance in the Clone Wars, I have been beyond eager to see them return to our screen with the hints we had of them throughout Rebels and the amazing ending of Baylon standing on the father statue. To say I was thrilled about them having a future in the saga is an understatement. I can honestly say I don't know where their story is going or how they will be featured within the Ahsoka series but excited to see what Dave has in store for us nonetheless!

# 2: The Ghost Crew being reunited

A girl can dream, can't she? But in all seriousness, I would like to see this happen if not in this season of Ahsoka ideally I would love to see it in the rumoured Dave Filloni Movie. But knowing Dave he's going to rip all our hearts in two and not give us the happy ending we want but the ending of the series that it deserves.

# 3: Shin Hati's Backstory

With the popularity of Shin Hati during the first season (I see your thirst traps out there) there is no doubt in my mind they will be putting a focus on Shin within the second season of Ahsoka. I would like to see how she became Baylon's Padawan in the lead-up to seeing her struggling with Baylon's abandonment within the first season and how this will affect her turn to the dark side. 

# 4: Ezra meeting Jacen Syndulla

With the introduction of Hera & Kanan’s son Jacen, we all have hoped to see Ezra and Jacen meet and with the hints given to us about Jacen being in tune with the force. I believe we will see Ezra begin to train Jacen however, I believe Ezra will not be able to complete Jacen’s training and at some point near the end of the show see Sabine take on the role of master to help Jacen finish his training, because as much as we all love Dave Filloni we are all aware of how much he likes to hurt us and not let us have nice things for too long.

# 5: Hints to Thrawn's plans well on Dathomir

My biggest complaint with the first season of Ahsoka was what they did with Thrawn and his character and how they went about his execution in the live-action format. I wanted them to keep Thrawn as ominous as possible with him only appearing in the final episode to be revealed as the big threat to the Mandalorian/ Boba Fett/ Ahsoka universe that Dave Filloni is creating. Since that didn't go exactly how I dreamed it would, I am going to say I want the same thing for season two of Ahsoka I don't want a lot of Thrawn. I want the threat of him lurking in the background with his presence looming and us knowing he is coming but not knowing his plans.

# 6: Sabine's continued struggle with the force

Although we saw Sabine as she struggled with using the force in the first season of Ahsoka, I would like to see her continue to struggle with the force and lean into letting her anger and frustrations win on occasion. I see Sabine eventually becoming a great representation of what a balance of the living force could look like where we see her deal with the emotions of anger and frustration but not let them take over or cause the balance within her to shift one way or another. But no matter what I am so excited to see the fate of Sabine within the series!

# 7: More Force Ghost Anakin

With the return of Hayden Christensen as a force ghost within the final scenes of Ahsoka, I hope to see more interaction with Anakin in the next season as he helps guide Ahsoka along the journey of training Sabine but I would also love to see Anakin passing along lessons that will help sabine become a balanced force user instead of just a jedi.

# 8: A flashback featuring Kanan and Hera

With the visual hint, we saw Kanan in the Ghost with his picture on Hera's dashboard and as someone who loves Kanan and Hera's story, I would love to see a flashback of Hera recalling a moment with her and Kanan to either Ezra or Jacen. Who would I like to see play Kanan ideally? I am not sure, but I’m open to any casting they may decide on as long as they do right by the character!   

# 9: Zeb Orrelios and Agent Kallus

With the appearance of Zeb in the episode "The Pirate" in Mandalorian season three I was beyond disappointed to not see Zeb in the first season of Ahsoka and was curious as to why he was with Hera when testifying to the council. I ideally would love to see Zeb reappear alongside Kallus in the second season, showing them working together in the New Republic and seeing their ideals continuing to slightly clash with each other on the topic of the New Republic and its ideals for the future of the galaxy. 

# 10: Chopper committing more war crimes!

Although great within the first season of Ahsoka, Chopper lacked in his mischievous and downright war criminal actions. So please Dave give us more of Chopper causing chaos!

I am very excited to see that Ahsoka has been given another season for us to explore the futures of these characters we have all grown to love and I hope that maybe some of my theories and things I'm excited about for the upcoming season come to fruition. So what did you think of the first season of Ahsoka? Do you have any theories going into the second season? Let me know in the comments or by reaching out to me on Instagram but until next time may the force with you - Chloe

Comments